As we continue to learn more about the Coronavirus (COVID-19), Sterling Lexicon wants to update our clients and partners on the impact to our business.
The evolution of the Coronavirus is a fluid situation, and one which is top of mind for many people given the stories in the media and the impacts we are seeing globally as a result of the outbreak. We are mindful that may have an impact on our customers and partners and may prompt many questions.
Sterling Lexicon’s plan is to continue running the business and serving our clients without interruption to the extent possible. At the same time, we are being vigilant as the situation evolves and taking appropriate and timely actions to mitigate risks for our employees, customers and partners.
Below is a summary of the actions we are taking and what, if any, impact you can expect to your business:
The Suddath® Companies (Sterling Lexicon's parent company) has formed a global cross-functional working group to lead our response to the evolving COVID-19 outbreak. The goal is to ensure the protection of our employees, our customers and the health of the overall business.
Due to the rapidly evolving nature of this situation, we have chosen to limit company travel to that which is essential to support our clients. Employees are required to obtain executive approval before traveling for work and are advised to meet in person only if requested by a client/partner. For employees traveling on personal business, we have asked them to notify their immediate managers. Determinations about work or process changes will be made on a case-by-case basis, based on employees’ recent travel and symptoms, following guidance from the Center for Disease Control and the World Health Organization, as well as local country mandates.
At this point, none of our employees have been directly impacted by the virus. We are engaging in an interactive process with employees, customers and partners as needed to determine whether they have been impacted and what impact, if any, that will have on our operations going forward.
To address the potential risk of virus spread among our employee and customer populations, we have taken the additional actions below:
- Ensuring all work sites are stocked with disinfecting products so all work tools and equipment can be sanitized daily or as needed throughout the day
- Asking residential customers and relocating employees whether they have traveled to virus hotspots or are exhibiting symptoms of the virus
- Allowing employees to work from home as needed if they are ill and/or part of a high-risk population for contracting the virus
- Limiting customers/vendor visits to our sites
- In situations where our employees are working on-site at a client location, we are fully complying with any and all local site guidelines put in place to mitigate risks
- In early “hot spot” markets such as Shanghai and Singapore, we initiated actions to have our employees work from home in support of our clients and transferees to mitigate their exposure in public settings
We are following guidance from the Center for Disease Control and the World Health Organization, as well as local country mandates, and will update you with any significant developments or impacts to our business.
Click here to read our comprehensive response to the most common questions our customers have regarding our response to the outbreak.
If any of your company’s questions are not addressed in this FAQ, please contact your Sterling Lexicon account manager.