The Russian Government has submitted a proposed draft law to the State Duma (lower chamber of Russian parliament) on the issuance of E-visas that would be valid for the whole territory of Russia and would remove the need for applicants to submit applications via the Embassy prior to travel.
What has changed?
The Russian Government’s proposal would be effective from January 1st, 2021 and includes the following:
- The E-visa application process will remove the need for individuals to apply to the Russian Embassy for a visa prior to travel
- E-visas issued will permit individuals to visit the whole territory of Russia;
- E-visas will permit a single entry into Russia for tourism, business or humanitarian purposes and will be valid for up to 60 days however, the maximum duration of stay in Russia will be limited to 16 days.
- Applications will be submitted online, and the expected processing time will be up to 4 days.
- The Russian Ministry of Foreign Affairs has advised the application fee should be under 50 USD.
Who is affected?
The E-Visa is for those individuals who intend to travel to Russia for short term business, tourism or humanitarian purposes and will be available to a government approved list of nationalities.
For further information on the expansion of the E-Visa for Russia, please contact the Sterling Lexicon immigration team at email@example.com.